Did you face unfair dismissal by your supervisor?
Were you terminated after being objected to unsafe, unethical, or illegal actions?
Did your employer strike back after you refused to “go along” with something unlawful?
If you have a job that’s considered at-will work, your employer can terminate you for no valid reason. However, they cannot terminate you for an unlawful and/or wrong reason. If you believe this is the case with you, you need a wrongful termination attorney by your side.
Some employees will inform you why they are firing you. If they have a rational reason, such as your job performance or something similar, that would be counted as terminating an at-will employee ‘for a cause.’
Although not every prejudicial reason for terminating is wrongful termination, common reasons for a firing that may be unlawful include:
- The employee refused to violate labor laws or laws of anti-discrimination
- Discrimination based on race, age, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, or other threatened classes
- In some states, including Southern California, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation
- Retaliaiton for complaining or reporting about any kind of illegal acts, discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment
- Retaliation for reporting about or ‘whistle-blowing’ on law violations, including wage-and-hour violations or violations of workplace safety regulations
If you have faced a wrongful termination at work in Los Angeles, and are unsure whether the case was legit or not, the best and the simplest way is to hire a wrongful termination attorney From Kirakosian Law. Here’s why:
Why Should You Choose Kirakosian Law Firm?
The knowledgeable attorneys at Kirakosian Law, APC, have represented employees in wrongful termination suits across California, including Los Angeles. Whether you were terminated for reporting a colleague’s illegal conduct or for refusing to do something unethical, our proficient lawyers help bring your fundamental rights to the fore. At Kirakosian Law, APC, we represent our clients dedicatedly.
Legal remedies for wrongful termination vary from one dominion to the next. If you have been wrongfully fired, available options may include back pay for lost salaries, replacement in your job, front pay for upcoming lost wages; attorney fees, lawsuit costs; and other compensatory damages. Our skilled wrongful termination attorneys offer free of cost consultation and case review.
If you like to schedule a consultation with our attorneys, keep in touch with us. To each client, our attorneys offer the following.
- A thorough understanding of the case
- A sympathetic ear
- Thoughtful contemplation of the facts
- A clear-eyed evaluation of your claims
Let our law firm’s experience guide you. We have have represented many cases for employees who already had been demoted, punished, or terminated by their company.
If we decide to take your case, we will suggest some next steps in the legal proceedings. If not, we will lead you in a better direction. Call or e-mail us to get the process started. If you are standing up for righteousness, you`ll need someone skilled who’ll stand behind you.
Experienced Wrongful Termination Attorneys Advising Employees
Anyone expecting to be wrongfully terminated by their emplpyer would benefit from understanding the specific wrongful termination claim nature, its limitations, and requirements.
Under Los Angeles law, when an employer’s firing of an employee disrupts public policy principles, the terminated employee may recover damages usually available in such activities. The essentials for wrongful termination claim in violation of public policy are:
- the employer terminated the accuser’s employment,
- an employer-employee relationship,
- the termination was considerably motivated by a violation of public policy, and
- the release caused the accuser harm.
Therefore, to succeed on a wrongful termination violation claim of public policy, an employee must show that the termination violated some public policy supported by either substantial legal or fundamental constitutional provisions. An experienced wrongful termination attorney in Los Angeles can rightly determine if any such policy is violated or implicated.