As a San Bernardino car accident attorney, Greg Kirakosian of Kirakosian Law has a tremendous amount of experience when it comes to victims of car accidents. If you’ve been in an automobile accident in San Bernardino, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Don’t leave the scene of the accident.
- If you’re able, exchange insurance information with the other driver.
- Pull out your phone and photograph the accident scene (more info on this below)
- Even if you think you are not injured, consider getting medical attention (this is super important, click the link and read under seek medical attention)
- Contact an experienced car accident attorney to discuss your case.
Why shouldn’t I leave the scene of an accident if I’ve been in a car accident in San Bernardino?
Firstly, after a car accident, exchanging information is a crucial step. This is only surpassed by the need for medical attention. That aside, exchanging information will help the process to be pretty straightforward.
Secondly, the photographs and scene info from witnesses or pictures of the scene itself, as mentioned below, are just as important. To do any of this, you have to be on the scene. Afterward, people will be gone, the accident scene will be altered and the cars may be moved.
Understanding what happened to some degree of accuracy relies on staying on the scene. It goes without mention that you should never leave the scene of an accident you are involved in without stopping and following this process. You may miss out on critical information regarding your accident at best and expose yourself to a hit and run charge at worst.
San Bernardino car accident attorneys will always recommend to drivers to stay on the scene and follow these steps however possible.